FRAME is an international photographic competition addressed to professional photographers and photography students from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary. Launched in 2005 by Ondřej Žižka and Evžen Sobek, it has aimed to provide a platform for presentation and confrontation in the field of contemporary photography.
The competition is divided into three categories, which are very open in terms of the theme and formal aspects of the image.
The award winning works in each category are selected by a five-member jury represented by professionals such as Jana Bömerová, Pavel Dias, Miroslav Hladík, Aleš Kuneš, Josef Moucha, Jiří Pátek, Ivan Pinkava, Iren Stehli, Jindřich Štreit, Miroslav Vojtěchovský.
Every year, FRAME provides actual insight into the works of artists who use the photographic medium to express ideas, provoke, inquire and search for answers. FRAME supports worthy visual messages. The winning works are represented in a collective catalogue and displayed as exhibitions in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland.
FRAME is organized by FOTOGRAFIKS, MIMO, photo group Jasan.
1. prize – Łukasz Pieńkowski, Hermitage
2. prize – Petra Hajdůchová, Yeshua
3. prize – Tomáš Trojan, In the shadow of the dog
1. prize – Martin Tůma, Aesthetic action
2. prize – Kamila Musilová, Grandfather and Grandmother
3. prize – Jakub Jurdič, Jarmil
3. prize – Lucie Pištorová, A moment
1. prize – Milan Bureš, Time travel
2. prize – Rafal Siderski, Do or Die
Curator: Ondřej Žižka, Vendula Juřicová
Zespół Szkół nr 11 na Księżym Młynie
Księży Młyn 13/15
opening: 05.05, 19.30
exhibition will be held: 05.05-15.05