AboutAn Open Call for Fotofestiwal Open Program gives you an opportunity to present your works to the audience of the International Festival of Photography held on 10-27 June 2021 in Łódź (Poland). We are looking for artists with exceptional personalities and projects which present bold visions. The call for entries is open – with no thematic or age limits. We invite specialists from the world's most important media and photographic institutions to join the jury. From among the submitted projects, the jury will select six which, in cooperation with the curators of Fotofestiwal, will be presented in the form of an exhibition. Upcoming 2021 festival will definitely be a special occasion due to our 20th anniversary. We hope to meet you there!
- Anna Karpenko, an independent curator working i.a. in Minsk, Vilnius and Berlin
- Eyal Landesman is an artist, founder and the director of PHOTO IS:RAEL
- Nina Kassianou, curator, DL Gallery in Piraeus, collaborated with the Photographic Center in Skopelos, the Thessaloniki Museum of Photography and the Athens Photo Festival. Former Artistic Director of M55projects gallery in Athens, founder of Periplus - an international residency program in Ithaca, Greece
- Franek Ammer, curator of the International Festival of Photography Fotofestiwal, Łódź, Poland
What winners receive
- Exhibition during FOTOFESTIWAL in Łódź (over 20.000 viewers) for 6 artists
- Artistic fee 400 euro,
- Accomodation for main weekend June 10-13 (4 nights),
- Reimbursement of travel costs up to 200 euro,
- Exhibition production budget 450 euro.
in case of any questions reach us on: email@example.com
About the festival
- Fotofestiwal was established in 2001 as one of the first photography events in Poland. Since then it has grown into one of the most relevant photographic festivals in Europe but its core mission has not changed: presenting photography in its various ways (via exhibitions, films, slideshows, workshops etc.) but also talking about important social issues and introducing the unobvious beauty and unique history of our city to the audience. For such reason we organize thematic exhibitions in various post-industrial spaces, which Łódź is well known for, we put stress on networking parties – (we are quite famous for those), but also every year we try to develop new ways of talking about photography: via events such as Photo-Match: Completely Different Portfolio Review, during which we focus on having equal status granted to the curators as well as artists, with formula of presentation that numerous festivals are applying worldwide now with a success. Since 2016 we work as a collective, with no board of directors, developing a new way of cultural institution management.
Edition 2021 will take place in Łódź from 10th to 27th of June.
- Submission opening: 30 October 2020
- Submission deadline: 23:59 20 December 2020, CET
- Finalists announcement: 18 January 2021 – shortlist on www.fotofestiwal.com
- Fotofestiwal Open Call 2021 exhibition opening during festival opening week: 10 June 2021
Finalists 2020Jorge Fuembuena, Inside Insect
Kata Geibl, There Is Nothing New Under The Sun
Mate Bartha, Kontakt
Marcel Rickli, AEON
Shelli Weiler, ENJOY house
Katarzyna Wąsowska + Marianna Wasowska, Waiting For The Snow
Click here to learn more about the projects.