Portfolio Review 2009
Saturday 9th of May 2009 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday 10th of May 2009 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
What is Portfolio Review? Portfolio Reviews are actually the most important form of promotion, which enables photographers individual and direct meetings with curators, critics, journalists, publishers of books and magazines and owners of galleries. During portfolio reviews participants have chance to present their pictures to experts and to get tips concerning vocational, artistical developement, relised projects or elaborating good portfolio. Each of this conversations gives a chance for cooperation with reviewer which will result in individual exhibition, publishing pictures in photo-magazine, invitation to participate in international project or one of festivals.
Who can take part? Portfolio review during Fotofestiwal aims in gainig students and graduates of photography, professional photographers or those who already have at least one exhibitnion or publishement done. We invite to take part in the review artist chosen by jury of Fotofestiwal among all of the applications.
ORGANIZATION of PORTFOLIO
- each meeting with reviewer lasts 20 minutes.
- places available for saturday’s session: 20.
- places available for sunday’s session: 20.
- each person taking part in portfolio can pick only one session (saturday or sunday) during wich meets with 5 experts. Information included in reviewer’s profiles will help you to choose the most valuable meeting.
Fee is 70PLN or 50PLN (for students) should be paid half an hour before the review starts.
REGISTRATION Send filled application form, CV and 10 pictures (JPG) in total max. 3mb on email@example.com until 15th 20th of April. No later than 30th of April we will announce list of qualified photographers. Additionaly each person will be informed via e-mail until 4th of May. Applications will be held from 15th of March until 15th of April.
1. Jim Casper – (Lens Culture, France)
2. Horst Klover (Photeur, Germany)
3. Nina Kassianou (Thessaloniki Museum of Photography, Greece)
4. Dewi Lewis (Dewi Lewis Publishing, England)
5. David Korecky (Langhans Gallery, Czech Republic)
6. Alessandra Capodacqua (Fondazione Studio Marangoni, Italy)
7. Gunther Dietrich (Photo Edition Berlin, Germany)
8. Ulrich-Haas Pursiainen (Photographic Centre Nykyaika, Finland)
9. Alla Räisänen (Northern Photographic Centre, Finland)
10. Łukasz Smudziński (Yours Gallery, Poland)
11. Maja Herzog (Biuletyn Fotograficzny Świat Obrazu, Poland)
12. Anna Cymer (Biuletyn Fotograficzny Świat Obrazu, Poland)
13. Peggy Sue Amison (Sirius Art Center, Cork, Ireland)
14. Martin Breindl (FLUSS, alien productions, Vienna, Austria)