Review of the PHOTO MATCH portfolio – presentations (open for audience)
Special edition of Fotofestiwal calls for a one of a kind Portfolio Review. After our successful virtual debut last year we are coming back to the live formula in 2021.
The submissions for this year’s PHOTO-MATCH – a completely different portfolio review are now open! If you would like to participate and introduce your work to our reviewers, submit until the 26th of May.
What is PHOTO-MATCH?
PHOTO MATCH’s model breathes new life into the traditional formula of portfolio reviews through placing a special emphasis on the series of open networking events, public presentations and an equal status granted to the reviewers as well as all artists.
DAY ONE: PRESENTATIONS + MATCHING 11th of June 11:00AM – 3:30PM CET
It’s a day dedicated for everyone attending to introduce themselves, their work and practice through short presentations. Based on these introductions you will then choose 2 curators you would like to meet with, additionally you will also be chosen by 2 other curators who’d like to see your work. Which means each participant will have 4 meetings the next day.
DAY TWO: MEETINGS 12th of June 11:00AM – 4:00PM CET
The real deal! All participants attend private meetings held accordingly with the timetable generated based on your choices. Every photographer and reviewer attends four meetings at the most, two of which they’ve arranged themselves. PHOTO MATCH will conclude with an open session, an informal gathering of all participants who can finally enjoy some conversation with someone previously unavailable, with no strings attached.
14.05.2021 – open-call starts
26.05.2021 – deadline for submissions
31.05.2021 – announcement of the final list of participants
11.06.2021 – DAY ONE
12.06.2021 – DAY TWO: MEETINGS!
The list of reviewers posted below includes magazine editors, book publishers, photography festivals’ directors, museum curators, gallery owners, independent art consultants:
- Maciej Bujko, BWA Wrocław
- Virgilio Ferreira, Ci.CLO Bienal
- Angel Luis Goznalez, PhotoIreland
- Jean-Baptiste Gauvin + Coline Orsina, Blind Magazine
- Grzegorz Kosmala, BLOWUP Press
- Andrei Liankevich, Minsk Photomonth
- Pablo Berástegui Lozano, Salut au Monde!
- Olga Łacna, Fort Fotografii
- Jeanne Mercier, Independent Curator
- Manuela Matos Monteiro + João José Coito Lafuente, Mira Forum Porto
- Marie Papazoglou, Independent Curator
- Jevgeni Roppel, Photographer and Curator. EEP Berlin & Ostlook Platform
- Łukasz Rusznica + Łukasz Adamski, TIFF Festival
- Istvan Virágvölgyi, Capa Center
- Tomek Gutkowski, Kraków Photomonth
- Emmanuelle Halkin + Clair Chalou, Circulacion
- Marina Paulenka, Futures
- Chiara Ruberti, Photolux Festival
- Katarzyna Sagatowska, Galeria Jednostka
- Nuno Salgado, Parallel Platform
- Sergio Valenzuela, Independent Curator