Photographic Publication of The Year and our photobook program
Photographic Publication of the Year shortlist has been announced! Isn’t this a great opportunity to also inform you about other points of the photobook program of this year’s edition? We think so too!
In the festival center you will see the following books nominated for the Photographic Publication of the Year award. The winner will be announced during the opening ceremony of the festival. This year the jury included Beata Bartecka, Ania Nałęcka-Milach, Alek Hudzik, Krzysiek Orłowski, Agnieszka Obszańska, Franek Ammer oraz Paweł Rubkiewicz:
- Dobre Miejsce, edited by: Jakub Kruger, Tomasz Adamski, Artur Pławski, design: Adam Piotr Janicki, publisher: Miejskie Centrum Kultury w Tychach
- Ostatnia rozmowa z akademikiem Sacharowem, Agnieszka Rayss, edited by: Joanna Osiewicz-Lorenzutti, design: Joanna Jopkiewicz, photo edition: Sebastian Cichocki, publisher: Sputnik Photos
- Ale uważaj tam na siebie. / But please be careful out there, Aleksandra Żalińska, design: Aleksandra Żalińska, selfpublishing
- Nowe miasto. Nowe widzenie, Anna Ryń, Bartosz Gaczyński, Paweł Grabarek, Tomasz Grzymała, Jakub Kaźmierczak, edited by: Ewelina Lasota, dr hab. Rafał Milach, prof. UŚ, design: Jan Piechota, publisher: Muzeum Miejskie w Tychach
- Bownik Undercoat, Bownik, edited by: Magdalena Ziółkowska, design: Honza Zamojski, publishers: Hatje Cantz Verlag, CMW w Łodzi
- Undertow, Damien Daufresne, design: Aneta Kowalczyk, publisher: BLOW UP PRESS
- Miastowidzenie. Fotografie Czesława Olszewskiego, concept and photo edition by: Marta Leśniakowska and Tomasz Kubaczyk, texts: Marta Leśniakowska, Karolina Andrzejewska-Batko, edited by: Małgorzata Purzyńska, design: Kasia Kubicka, publisher: Dom Spotkań z Historią
- KURZ / ПЫЛЬ / DUST. Ewolucja imperium 1988—2022, Mariusz Forecki, design: Andrzej Dobosz, publisher: Fundacja PIX.HOUSE
- Garden, Marta Zgierska & Mateusz Sarełło, design: Aneta Kowalczyk, publisher: BLOW UP PRESS
- Konrad Brandel. Fotorewolwer, koncepcja: Monika Michałowicz, Karolina Puchała-Rojek, edited by: Monika Michałowicz, leading editor: Aleksandra Kędziorek, design: Martyna Wyrzykowska, publisher: Muzeum Warszawy
- Stepping Out Into This Almost Empty Road, Monika Orpik, polish texts edited by: Anka Herbut, english translation: Jakub Gutkowski, english texts: Sara Pearce, belarusian translation: Adela Dubaviec, belarusian texts edited by: Adela Dubaviec, design: Agata Bartkowiak, publisher: Ośrodek Postaw Twórczych
- Dom dla kultury. Spojrzenie na architekturę kibuców I kołchozów, Nicolas Grospierre, edited by: Marta Michalska, design: Kasia Kubicka, publisher: Narodowy Instytut Architektury i Urbanistyki
Nearby in our festival center you will also see 50 dummies from all around the world shortlisted in the prestigious competition Kassel Dummy Awards, as well as publications selected by the association Sustainable Photobooks that promotes responsible, conscious thinking in terms of climate change publishing.
We will also invite the audience to create their own photographic publication as part of a joint initiative of Fotofestiwal and 19 Rivers with the photographer Iacopo Pasqui. Iacopo held a residency in Łódź, the effects of which we could see in 2021 at the Der Engel exhibition at the Polesie Art Center. This time, together with the 19 Rivers team, he will launch a stand where you will be able to choose 20 out of 40 available printed spreads and bind them on the spot, creating your own unique book. The proceeds from the sale of this limited edition of zine signed by the author will support the publication of the book planned by Fotofestiwal, 19 Rivers and the publisher Witty Books from Turin.
Traditionally, we will also invite you for a late breakfast with photo books, during which we will talk to the authors and publishers about the latest book publications in Poland. The curator of this section, Franek Ammer, invariably invites you to the photobook program.