The year 2020 was a difficult one for all of us, and the 2020 Photographic Publication of the Year contest simply didn’t take place. However, it’s 2021 and we’re back with a double edition! The same dates, the same jury, two competitions and two main awards – separately for photo publications released in 2019 and 2020. We invite you to submit your books for the next edition of the Photographic Publication of the Year.
Until 21 March 2021 (extended call), we are waiting for books whose central focus is on photography – albums, catalogues, theoretical books and textbooks, as well as limited self-publishing works and zines. We will award those publications that have the potential to inspire others and that present bold concepts, refined graphics, excellent print quality, exceptional photographs and are well-designed. Experts in book creation and photography have been invited to join the jury.
The winner will be granted the Krzysiek Makowski Main Award. Beside the winning publication, the jury will also select at least 10 works which will be exhibited during the International Festival of Photography in Łódź on 10-27 June 2021
MAIN AWARD – KRZYSIEK MAKOWSKI AWARD
– the title of the Photographic Publication of the Year 2020 and the title of the Photographic
Publication of the Year 2021
– exhibition at Fotofestiwal 2021 – promotion during Fotofestiwal 2021.
This year’s jury includes:
– Natalia Mikołajczuk (book designer)
– Agnieszka Olszewska (Museum of Photography in Krakow)
– dr Weronika Kobylińska (Institute of Art History, University of Warsaw)
– Maciej Zieliński (Editor-in-chief of “Digital Camera Polska” and Fotopolis.pl)
– Grzegorz Dąbrowski (photo editor, curator, photographer)
– Łukasz Rusznica (photographer, curator of the gallery Miejsce Przy Miejscu; Winner
of the Photographic Publication of the Year 2019)
Franek Ammer (Fotofestiwal)
Paweł Rubkiewicz (Bookoff Artistic Bookstore)
Organisation of jury discussion:
Joanna Kinowska (Służew Cultural Centre, Miejsce
More info about the competition
FB of the Photographic Publication of the Year
Fotofestiwal – International Festival of Photography in Łódź,
Bookoff Artistic Bookstore,
Służew Cultural Centre (Służewski Dom Kultury).
Cooperation: Miejsce Fotografii
Media partners: Fotopolis, Digital Camera Polska