What winners receive
- Exhibition during FOTOFESTIWAL in Łódź (over 20.000 viewers) for 6 artists
- Artistic fee 400 euro,
- Accomodation for main weekend June 4-7 (3 nights),
- Reimbursement of travel costs up to 200 euro,
- Exhibition production budget 450 euro.
- Submission opening: 20 September 2019
- Submission deadline: 23:59 4 December 2019, CET
- Finalists announcement: 14 January 2020 – shortlist on www.fotofestiwal.com
- Fotofestiwal Open Call 2020 exhibition opening during festival opening week: 4 June 2020
The open-call has launched! The submissions are hosted by Picter (link below)
- Marina Paulenka, curator, Unseen Amsterdam, Netherlands and Organ Vida, Croatia
- István Virágvölgyi, curator, Capa Center, Hungary
- Krzysztof Candrowicz, curator, Porto Biennale, Portugal and Fotofestiwal Łódź, Poland
- Marc Mouarkech, curator, Image Arab Foundation, Lebanon
- Azu Nwagbogu, founder and director LagosPhoto Festival, Nigeria
- Marta Szymańska, curator, Fotofestiwal, Fundacja Archeologia Fotografii, Poland
About the festival
Fotofestiwal was established in 2001 as one of the first photography events in Poland. Since then it has grown into one of the most important and biggest photographic festivals in the Central Europe but its core mission has not changed: presenting photography in its various ways (via exhibitions, films, slideshows, workshops etc.) but also talking about important social issues and introducing the unobvious beauty and unique history of our city to the audience. For such reason we organize thematic exhibitions in various post-industrial spaces, which Łódź is well known for, we put stress on networking parties – (we are quite famous for those), but also every year we try to develop new ways of talking about photography: via events such as Photo-Match: Completely Different Portfolio Review, during which we focus on having equal status granted to the curators as well as artists, with formula of presentation that numerous festivals are applying worldwide now with a success. Since 2016 we work as a collective, with no board, developing a new way of cultural institution management.
Edition 2020 will take place in Łódź, June 4-21.