We are sorry but due to technical problems and many applications we have to postpone shortlist announcement for few days. The info will be published soon.
Grand Prix gives photographers an opportunity to present their works during Fotofestiwal. We award artists of exceptional personality and projects that present daring ideas. The submission is open and does not impose any restrictions related to topics, age or place. The jury consists of experts from the greatest photography media and institutions.
- 10.000 PLN (~2500 euro) – MAIN PRIZE,
- exhibition of 6 finalists’ works during FOTOFESTIWAL in Łódź (over 20.000 viewers),
- Accomodation for the opening weekend of the festival: June 13-16 (3 nights)
- Travel expences reimbrusement (up to 800 PLN)
- slide shows of special mention works during Fotofestiwal and partners international photography festivals
- Date of submission opening: Oct 5, 2018
- Date and time of submission deadline in this format: 23:59 Dec 2, 2018 CET
- Date of shortlist announcement - 12:00 Jan 11 – shortlist on www.fotofestiwal.com
- Date of winner announcement - Winner announcement and prize ceremony - June 13 – at the opening of Fotofestiwal
The open-call has launched! The submissions are hosted by Picter (link below)
- Franek Ammer, curator, Fotofestiwal, Poland
- Julia Bunnemann, curator, Photoworks UK
- Evita Goze, independent curator, writer, Riga (Latvia)
- Kim Knoppers, curator, Foam, NL
- Marta Szymańska, curator, Fotofestiwal, Fundacja Archeologia Fotografii, Poland
About the festival
Fotofestiwal was established in 2001 as one of the first photography events in Poland. Since then it has grown into one of the most important and biggest photographic festivals in the Central Europe but its core mission has not changed: presenting photography in its various ways (via exhibitions, films, slideshows, workshops etc.) but also talking about important social issues and introducing the unobvious beauty and unique history of our city to the audience. For such reason we organize thematic exhibitions in various post-industrial spaces,put stress on networking parties – (we are quite famous for those), but also every year we try to develop new ways of talking about photography: via events such as Photo-Match: Completely Different Portfolio Review, during which we focus on having equal status granted to the curators as well as artists, with formula of presentation that numerous festivals are applying now worldwide with a success. Since 2016 we work as a collective, with no board, developing a new way of cultural institution management.
Edition 2019 will take place in Łódź, June 13-30.